Tech minute: When your reservoir runs dry
Pump stroking, air being delivered, but no fluid? These are symptoms you'll encounter if your reservoir has been allowed to run dry and can occur even after you've refilled it.
Chances are your system's pump(s) has lost its prime. Don't worry! The fix is simple and you'll be up and running in a few simple steps:
- Make sure your reservoir contains adequate fluid
- Prime your pump(s): Use a 5/16" nut driver to turn the drain plug on the bottom pump two turns to bleed trapped air
- Once fluid is present, close the plug - Do not overtighten!
- Perform this procedure again if a lot of air is trapped
- Adjust the pump(s) to full stroke and cycle repeatedly until fluid is pumping consistently, then adjust pump(s) to previous setting
For more detailed information on this procedure see the Coolubricator™ & Coolubricator JR™ Operation Manual page. 15