Are you an experienced mechanical engineer looking for a flexible job that is both challenging and rewarding? Would you like to be part of a team that designs advanced equipment used to make manufacturing more environmentally friendly? Would you like to work for a small, family-owned business and be treated like family? If this sounds intriguing, keep reading!
Unist, Inc. (www.unist.com), a growing company with over 60 years of business in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of fluid application systems for the industrial market. The consistent application of minimum quantities of fluids saves money, improves process efficiency, and is friendly to the environment by reducing waste.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Engineering team to provide innovative, high-quality designs for electromechanical fluid application systems used by customers around the globe. We need to add depth to our team to ensure we remain a market leader as technology and industrial processes advance. This position will play an important role in the continued growth of our company and our push for new product development.
What would you do?
- Collaboratively work on new product designs. Work includes all phases of the design process; conceptualization, prototyping, detailing, revising, and manufacturing launch.
- Improve performance or manufacturability of existing product lines.
- Select suitable components and materials, design for manufacturability, assemble and test prototypes, assess and perfect designs.
- Work with end-user and OEM customers on unique system designs.
- Travel occasionally to support customers at their facilities.
- Generate and maintain drawings, user manuals, work instructions, test processes, and other technical information per Unist standards.
- Provide guidance to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Do you have what it takes? You must be/have:
- A B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of work experience in the development, testing, and production of electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience selecting and designing pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to learn and understand how Unist equipment is used in the metal cutting and metal forming markets.
- Extremely well organized, self-motivated, and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with team members, management, vendors and customers.
- A strong sense of teamwork and the ability to work well with others.
- Familiar with industrial control systems.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM, and MS Office are required.
- Experience with PLC/HMI programming, LabView and Epicor ERP system a plus.
At Unist, our core values of Customer Focus, Integrity, Innovation, Personal Responsibility, and Strong Relationships are more than posters on a wall. They define our culture, guide our decisions, and drive our success as a company. We live these values every day, so a willingness to embrace our core values is the most important job qualification.
This position includes a competitive wage with great benefits including a 401(k) plan with company match, medical and dental insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, summer flex schedule, Wally Day, Give-Back Day, parental leave, education and training programs, company picnics and social events, and a matching gift program. Please forward your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Unist does not sponsor employment visas.
Unist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.