- Slashed Lube Use, Improved Die LifeSep 11, 2020
Continuous stock-lubrication systems, or roller coaters, consistently apply a precise amount of lubricant to the top and bottom of coil stock just before it feeds into the press. Compared to locating spray nozzles at the entry end of the press and then spaced throughout the die, as needed, roller coaters promise to reduce lube consumption by eliminating overspraying, while promoting cleanliness around the press. And, precise, predictable and repeatable lube application can improve part quality and extend die life.
- Lubricant application key to optimal metal stamping resultsAug 26, 2019
Every metal stamping process has, at its core, three key components that contribute to its overall success: the work material being stamped, the proper tooling, and the correct lubricant to help aid material flow inside the tool. A successful stamping operation requires that . . .
- Less Wait, More Do: Why MQL is Right for YouFeb 7, 2019
Clean floors. Clean parts. Healthier employees. Longer tool life. More machine up-time. Better profitability. These are only a few of the reasons why to look at MQL. There’s more. - Article originally appeared in Fabricating & Metalworking Magazine.
- How to Defeat Downtime - Fabricating & Metalworking MagazineOct 11, 2018
No one is happy when a machine goes down because of tooling issues - wasted time that is even more frustrating when it's avoidable. Guest columnist Tim Walker of Unist explains how Arrow Storage Products found a way to significantly reduce their machine downtime and cut their average tooling downtime per week due to tooling by 70 percent.
- Getting the Most from MQLNov 16, 2017
Production Machining magazine offers a broad view of Minimum Quantity Lubrication along with a closer look at using MQL in turning applications.
- Pros and Cons of MQL and Flood CoolantApr 28, 2017
Unist's Senior Vice President examines the pros and cons of Minimum Quantity Lubrication and flood coolants.
- Is Minimum Quantity Lubrication a Good Choice for Your Machine Shop?Sep 20, 2016
Check out this blog post on MQL from LENOX's Industrial Metal Cutting Blog!
- Less lubricant results in better sawing?Nov 5, 2015
A positive-displacement pump system has proven to be an effective method for delivering fluid to the nozzles in a precise and repeatable manner.