Articles: Metal Forming
- Slashed Lube Use, Improved Die LifeSep 11, 2020
Continuous stock-lubrication systems, or roller coaters, consistently apply a precise amount of lubricant to the top and bottom of coil stock just before it feeds into the press. Compared to locating spray nozzles at the entry end of the press and then spaced throughout the die, as needed, roller coaters promise to reduce lube consumption by eliminating overspraying, while promoting cleanliness around the press. And, precise, predictable and repeatable lube application can improve part quality and extend die life.
- Lubricant application key to optimal metal stamping resultsAug 26, 2019
Every metal stamping process has, at its core, three key components that contribute to its overall success: the work material being stamped, the proper tooling, and the correct lubricant to help aid material flow inside the tool. A successful stamping operation requires that . . .
- How to Defeat Downtime - Fabricating & Metalworking MagazineOct 11, 2018
No one is happy when a machine goes down because of tooling issues - wasted time that is even more frustrating when it's avoidable. Guest columnist Tim Walker of Unist explains how Arrow Storage Products found a way to significantly reduce their machine downtime and cut their average tooling downtime per week due to tooling by 70 percent.
- 2,020 Gallons Less Stamping Fluid to Handle...What Would You Do?Mar 19, 2015
One company in California learns the joy of reduction.
- Well Oiled WorkpiecesMar 15, 2012
Stamper saves costs and raises production with a system from Unist.
- Lube-System Overhaul Dispenses Cost Savings on Every FrontFeb 1, 2009
Great article from Metalforming Magazine in which an MTD plant in Martin, Tennessee was able to save on lubricant costs by switching from a spray system to a Uni-Roller stock lubricator. MTD estimates a conservative 20% reduction in downtime and significant cost savings, as well as completely eliminating operator tasks relating to lubrication cleanup, refill, and recycling.
- Roller lubrication system helps stamper convert gallons into profitsJan 23, 2007
A great article from Stamping Journal outlining how one Unist customer was able to realize measurable results with Uni-Roller stock lubricators.
- Appliance OEM Lovin' LubricationMar 15, 2006
Using roller-application systems to apply a new synthetic lube eliminates die-maintenance headaches in an Electrolux pressroom, contributing to the firm’s efforts to increase overall equipment efficiency (OEE).